Looking for a sweet treat with benefits?
Look no further than the trio of potent superfoods of figs, chocolate and almonds.
Figs: Known as a fertility booster, they’re packed with heart-healthy fiber, which helps to keep you feeling full (read: eating less) naturally.
Almonds: This nutrient-dense nut is packed with vitamins and minerals, including selenium, vitamin E and zinc, all of which support sexual health. Zinc, in particular, is a known libido-enhancer.
Dark chocolate: A powerful antioxidant, dark chocolate triggers the release of serotonin, a natural mood-booster, in the brain. Plus, moderate consumption has been shown to improve blood flow through the arteries that supply the heart and the brain; lower blood pressure; reduce your risk of stroke and more.
Good for your heart, good for your waistline and excellent for your libido, this easy-to-make dessert marries maximum vitamins and minerals with just enough decadence to keep you (and your sweet tooth) satisfied.
2 to 3 ounces of organic dark chocolate (look for chocolate with a cacao content of 65% or higher)
1 to 2 ounces of raw organic almonds
8 dried organic black figs
1. Place a piece of parchment paper on a sheet pan.
2. Chop the almond into fine bits and place in a bowl.
3. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
4. Holding the fig by its stem, gently dip it into the chocolate and remove.
5. Please the chocolate-dipped fig into the almonds, rolling to coat both sides.
6. Place fig on parchment-lined pan and allow to cool and harden.